Friday, June 21, 2013

Casual Outfit for Nursing Moms

I'm officially declaring this post a judgement free zone, k?   I've never worn a headscarf before, so this is new to me.  My hubby's been trying to get me to wear one for a long time, but it wasn't until recently when I discovered Tiffany Hendra of sancuaryofstyle that I decided I should at least give it a try.


Actually, this whole outfit is pretty much inspired by Tiffany.  She advised me that this tunic top with a low slung belt would be flattering to my post-baby belly.  Thanks Tiff!!  What she may not have even thought of (or maybe she did, she's pretty awesome) is that the buttons on the top of this shirt make it PERFECT for nursing S (my 2 month old baby boy).


My sandals are wedges and SO comfortable, even when carrying my giant purse / diaper bag and S in his car seat.  You moms know how heavy and bulky those can get!  Well, if ya gotta be a pack mule, at least be a sexy one, right?


What I haven't figured out yet is how to keep the scarf from sliding around on my head.  I tried having the front of it down further on my head, but it just made me feel like a pirate or biker chick or something, which is very not me. But having it up like this made it keep sliding off.  Any of you rock a headscarf?  How do you keep it on?


And of course I have to show off my jewelry and ombre nails :)

My shoes are from Maurices, as is my scarf (no longer available).  The tunic (similar, but check your local store for TONS of options) is from H&M.  Belt (no longer available) from Kohl's.  Jeans from Walmart.  And jewelry is Premier Designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment