Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ombre Nails for Moms of Little Ones

The Ombre trend has been around for a few seasons now, and this summer is no different.  Hair, clothes, accessories.  You name it, it's been done.  And until now I haven't really been into it, mostly because I haven't found the trend in any colors that I like to wear.  Until now!

I won this months issue of Glamour Magazine at our jewelry lady training on Tuesday evening, and in it I found this:


 


An ombre nail tutorial featuring Covergirl New Outlast nail gloss!






"Oh cool! That looks pretty easy," I thought.  So since I'm trying to be more adventurous with my style I decided to try it with colors I already have.  I used Essie "Nothing Else Metals" #943 and Nicole by OPI "Grant My Wish" #336.




And here is how it turned out:
























Not bad.  Little more practice and it might actually look like it does in the magazine.  Haha!  Until then, looks good enough to wear in public.  Hmmm . . . what errand can I run to show off my new nails??




By the way, I totally did this after the kids went down for the night.  So moms, we can sport pretty nails too.  And can I just tell you how exited I am that my nails are this long!  They're never this long!  Also, it's really hard to take a picture of your own hand and make it look good.  Especially when you're left-handed and the "click button" is on the right.  That's right, I'm mastering right-handed picture taking.  BOOM.  So photographer friends, what's that button actually called?  Not a photographer, not a model.  Just a fashion loving mom with ideas.  The rest of the skills will have to be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment